"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, December 23, 2016

sending winter cheer...

Hello!!!  Well... Christmas is just a couple of days away and my little guy is getting more and more excited!!  He cannot wait for Sunday!!  Like a lot of people I haven't been doing much crafting, but I am in need of a card that isn't a Christmas one to send to some so I used the current Freshly Made Sketches as well as the current Essentials by Ellen pin-sights challenge for my card.  I recently picked up a few more Essentials by Ellen goodies thanks to Ellen's 40% sale that happened last weekend.  One of the items was the Geo Tree die set.  I used it to create a shaker element on my card.  I'm pretty shaker challenge, but I bought these thin foam adhesive strips from Stampin Up! awhile ago and they have been very, very helpful!!  I die cut the tree from some red patterned paper and then built my shaker element.  I filled up the shaker portion with some sparkly clear sequins, red sequins and little white and silver seed beads.  It looks really pretty in real life.  A strip of polka dot paper was adhered to my card base and then I adhered my shaker element.  I finished off with a little strip of paper stamped with the sentiment (from AJVD).   As you can see the FMS layout is a square one and I had planned on making my card square, but ended up using the usual A2 card layout!  I'm going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of make it sparkle since there is lots of sparkle in my shaker element!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  kraft; Patterned paper:  Teresa Collins; Stamps:  AJVD; Dies:  Essentials by Ellen; Sequins:  AJVD (flat red); Shaker mix:  Hero Arts; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black; Clear acetate 

9 comments:

Lin said...

What a neat shaker, Rosemary! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "sparkle" challenge this week! Merry Christmas!

TK said...

Stunning! Beautiful shaker, gorgeous mauve coloring, lovely intricate die and that heart-warming kraft -- sooo perfect!

Karren said...

That gorgeous tree die is perfect for a shaker card! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! Now I wish I'd gotten that die! Merry Christmas to you & your family, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Gosh this is pretty!! The tree shaker is delightful!!

Anita in France said...

Gosh, that's such a cool, graphic tree die, Rosemary ... you showed it off to perfection here with that delicious shaker element ... it's gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shaker card! I love the rosy color!

Amy O said...

This sentiment is perfect for this card, as a shaker card is sure to bring cheer. Very fun! Have a happy New Year, and thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Such a fun little shaker! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season full of joy. Glad you joined us at FMS!!