"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 6, 2016

just because...

Hey friends!!  Popping with in a card that I made using the current layout from CAS(E) this Sketch.  I will also be posting this to the Essentials by Ellen special pin-sights challenge, as well.  When I made a card a few days ago using the Essentials by Ellen Up the Happy stamp set I had a couple of butterflies left over that I didn't use.  I decided to color up a couple more and use them for this card.  The butterflies were stamped with VersaFine Vintage Sepia and then colored with ZIG clean color markers and clean water.  Once they were dry they were over stamped with VersaMark watermark ink, iridescent embossing powder applied and heat set.  After die cutting with the matching die I set about getting the card finished up.  I'm not going to lie... getting the card finished took me awhile.  The hardest part was getting the sentiment centered,  but using my mini MISTI made it a little easier. The sentiment is from the Concord & 9th Layers of Love stamp set.  Once the card was assembled I added a sparkling clear sequin from Pretty Pink Posh to the body of each butterfly.  Simple, but pretty I think. 
Thanks for stopping by today... would love to hear what you think!!

Supplies:  Cardstock: light grey, white linen, watercolor cardstock (ranger); Stamps: Essentials by Ellen and Concord & 9th; Dies:  Essentials by Ellen; Inks:  VersaFine and VersaMark; Embossing powder:  SU! Iridescent Ice; Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins

10 comments:

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Rosie and I adore those pretty butterflies too, another stunner ;) Viv xx

Greta said...

Absolutely perfect CAS card, Rosemary! I loved that sketch when I saw it & you've made it shine! Good luck in the GDT call--they'd be crazy not to select you!

Lisa Elton said...

I lov your row of pretty colorful butterflies!! Wonderful card Rosemary!

Martha said...

OH, how I love this card, Rosemary! It's SO perfectly stamped, colored, & designed! You ROCKED the sketch. It's a "Winner" in my eyes. I'm almost certain, Ellen will be contacting you soon! Your creations are always so inspiring! ♥♥♥

Anita in France said...

A perfect kaleidoscope of butterflies, Rosemary ... you've captured the translucence of the shimmery wings beautifully! Just spent a happy time wandering through your posts and cards from while I've been MIA in blogland ... all that loveliness in one sitting! Whether it's stamped collaging, layered die cuts, watercolouring ... and everything in between, it's been such a treat! Thanks for the inspiration ... and have a wonderful vacation! Hugs, Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Rosemary! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Karren said...

Such a beautiful card! Those butterflies are gorgeous with their colorful wings.

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, love the jeweled butterflies!
Val x

Chrissy Larson said...

Beautiful butterflies! I love all that color!

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you used this sketch Rosi. This is perfection.