"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, July 15, 2016

more cards to share...

Hey friends!  I'm back sharing the other cards I made over the last few days.  First up is a card for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, as well as the 30 Day Coloring challenge.  When I saw the SSS Wednesday challenge to create a scene I knew I wanted to use my MFT Sweet Forest Friends set again and do some watercoloring with my ZIG Clean Color makers.  After I stamped the little deer image from the set the image of Bambi with the butterfly popped into my head and so I decided to create a little Bambi inspired scene with the deer, the bunny and one of the butterflies.  I colored all the images with the ZIG markers and a number 2 round watercolor brush.  Once they were dry I die cut them with the matching dies.  A panel of watercolor cardstock was stamped with the tree and then colored with ZIG markers.  I watercolored the sky and grass around the tree image.  Once the panel was dry I die cut it using the largest die in the Inside Out Stitched Rectangle dies and then adhered all the die cut images. I adhered some patterned papers from the MFT Dots & Stripes Fresh 6x6 pad to the cardstock base before adhering the panel  I'm really pleased with how well all the images turned out.  I'm learning that being patient as I watercolor is really paying off!



The second card is for the current Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  Yesterday (one day early... they weren't supposed to arrive until today!!) I received some happy mail from RC... the Boxes & Balloons stamps and dies.  I used them to make my card along with some By the Sea Quick card panels and the banner die from the RC Tag Me die set.   Since all the Quick Card panels are perfectly coordinated putting together a card using them made everything quick and easy.  I pulled out the yellow and navy colors from the polka dot panel to stamp the two balloons.  I die cut the white panel using an AJVD polka dot rectangle die.  The polka dot panel was also die cut with the same die so there is a nice clean look to the layers.  The smaller rectangle was also die cut with a polka rectangle die.  The banner with the banner from the RC Tag Me set.  After I die cut the balloons I added some hemp twine in yellow and navy to each balloon.  The balloons were adhered and then I arranged the strings, adhered them and a few clear sequins to finish up the card.  My niece turned 14 today and so this card will be going to her when we have her party next week. 
Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, white, RC Quick Card panels, Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti, My Favorite Things; Inks:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia and Onyx Black, Hero Arts Butter Bar, Stampin Up! Night of Navy; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design, Reverse Confetti, My Favorite Things; Hemp Twine:  Hemptique; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh; Watercoloring Medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers 


7 comments:

Karren said...

Wonderful cards! The little scene you've created is gorgeous and don't you just love when orders arrive earlier than expected :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, what darling cards.

Petra Swart said...

Your little Bambi scene is sweet as can be, Rosemary!!! Those critters are all sooooo cute and your watercolouring is just great!!! Such a cute card!!! The second card has such a happy and festive feel to it and would really make any person's day!!!!! For sure your niece is going to love it!!!! It's simply great!!!!
Hugz

Greta said...

You made such a darling scene & I love the watercoloring! Bet your niece will love the fun, festive, modern look of her BD card! Great work, Rosemary!

Macarena said...

Your watercolored card is just perfect. Love the soft blue background and this cute scene! Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Marzena

Anita in France said...

What could be more celebratory than balloons, Rosemary ... they're fabulous with those yummy PPs! Oh my, that sweet scene ... lovely soft watercolouring ... it's just adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

debby4000 said...

Love your cards, the first one is so cute and love the colourful balloon one too.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby