"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, November 8, 2015

thanks...

Hey friends... dropping in with a card that I made using some fun stamps and dies from Concord & 9th called Pop Art Pineapple.  I generally don't follow trends really closely, but when I saw the fun Pop Art Pineapple set I wanted to add it to my collection.  Finally took the plunge a few weeks ago got it and I'm glad I did... gotta step outside my non-trendy box every once in a while, lol!! I used the colors from the current Color Throwdown, as well as the current layout from Freshly Made Sketches for my card.  Since this is a thank you card I will also be posting this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  The FMS layout definitely said "simplicity" to me and so that is the direction I went in.  After die cutting and stamping my pieces I created a little nest from gold metallic thread as the circular element in the sketch and adhered it to my die cut panel.  Once the glue had dried sufficiently I added the pineapple and the little banner.  A few Doodlebug sparkly gold enamel dots were added, as well.   Once I had adhered everything I felt something was missing so I added some partial embossing to the top corner of the panel.  That is what I love about partial embossing you can place your cardstock piece in the embossing folder and using your trusty craft hammer emboss only the portion you want embossed!   Adding this to the current AAA challenge of thanks/thanksgiving.


 
Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, Simon Says Stamp fog; Stamps:  Concord & 9th; Dies:  Concord & 9th and A Jillian Vance Design; DMC gold metallic thread; Doodlebug gold sparkle enamel dots; Stampin Up! decorative dots embossing folder

17 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Sweet card with the pineapple and love the extra touch of the partial embossing!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super CUTE!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Those colors are perfect for your pineapple design. I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

I thought about using a thread nest for the circle, too, but ended up with a doily. Love your new images & perfect for the color combo!

Jane Willis said...

Lovely card, really sweet and elegant
Jane

Petra Swart said...

I was always wondering how you do your partial embossing, Rosemary and now I know!!! (didn't know that there is such a thing as a craft hammer!!!) Love your new fun pineapple stamp and how you have used the CTD colours!!!! The sentiment on the banner and the thread nest and sequins round off the picture perfectly!!!! So lovely!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Great take on both the colors and the sketch...love how you used the colors on this awesome CAS design!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Jane said...

Such a refreshing change from the usual thanks type images, so appealing! Great tip about partial embossing too. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

Greta said...

Another shout-out at FMS--congrats, Rosemary!

Jodi Collins said...

I seriously LOVE this! Perfectly balanced card, LOVE! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Caryn said...

Love the CAS design and all the extra details - beautiful card.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Anita in France said...

Deliciously CAS and so much fun, Rosemary ... and such great detailing! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a beautiful card this is.
Every detail is simply perfect.
I love it!

Coralynn Murray said...

Such a lovely card. I love the colours and I have to say that I have a soft spot for pineapples. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful CAS card, Rosemary! I love how you played with the color combo and your gold thread is brilliant!

maria f. said...

Such a great design! Congrats on your shout out at AAA.

Tasha Vovchuk said...

Such a cute card! I love that pineapple!!! :) Congrats on your top at AAA Cards!!!! ;)