"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 22, 2015

the best


Hey friends!!  Popping in with a card that I made for a couple of challenges:  Viva la Verve week 3 and Colour Me...!  I don't know about you, but I have way too many 6 x 6 paper pads that I have not used.  I'm trying to get better about that and so I found a couple pads that would work for the Colour Me...! combo and settled on the Teresa Collins Fabrications pad.   I used the lovely Verve set Let It Be for the sentiment and floral image.   After finishing the main panel I tried a little idea I learned from Jennifer McGuire (I don't follow her blog so I know if she shared this on her blog) during the Online Card Classes:  Clean & Simple 4 class.   After she finished her main panel she used fun foam trimmed to fit the panel instead of foam tape to give the panel its lift.  I had wanted to give it a try and finally was able to make it to Joann's and purchased a few sheets.  Using a piece of fun foam trimmed to fit your panel gives the panel more stability and there is no sagging in the spots where there is no foam tape.   I like that!  The only thing I'm not sure about is the adhesive that I used to adhere the panel is strong enough to keep a grip on it.  We shall see...




Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; SU! Sahara Sand; PP:  Teresa Collins; Stamps:  Verve; Dies:  My Favorite Things banner dies; Wilton paper doily; Ink:  Memento London Fog, VersaFine Onyx Black; grey enamel dot

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the soft shabby feel this has Rosemary, very pretty!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
This is a wonderful Palette and a great looking card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Lisa Lara said...

I love the ruffled paper edges and the doily showing through.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

loving your shabby chic design!!! Thanks for joining us at Colour me!

Deepti said...

So elegant !

Greta said...

Beautiful papers--perfect for the color challenge & oh my what a gorgeous shabby chic card, Rosemary! Love everything you did here!

stampwithsandy said...

I love your shabby chic style and the muted colors, Rosemary! So glad you shared with us this week at Colour Me!

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at CM--a winner in my book, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Should have gone to Verve before I left the last comment. Congrats on the showcase at Verve--I knew it would be as soon as I saw it!

Nat said...

beautifully created, lovin this design! :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is so adorably sweet!
I love the pretty papers.

Anita in France said...

How very elegant and feminine, Rosemary ... just lovely! Anita :)