"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 5, 2015

top dog monday...

Hello friends!!  Popping in with my first post as a member of the Top Dog Dies design team!  Every Monday through the end of June I will be posting a new project made with fun and fabulous Top Dog Dies!   With Valentine's Day just around the corner I have a card to share that I made with the following Top Dog Dies:  Heart Border die and Heart Mini Album Finishers die set.


I die cut the border from red cardstock and then very carefully removed some of the little hearts to create the pattern for the border.  After I was done I added little strips of tape to the back to keep the remaining hearts from falling out and the border was trimmed to fit my card front.  It took a little bit of time to poke out all the little hearts, but I really like the look it created.  I die cut the cute little intertwined hearts from white and pink cardstock, inset the pink pieces into the white hearts and added tape to the back to keep them from falling out.   I adhered the border to some white cardstock that I partially embossed with a dots embossing folder.   The sentiment (from PTI) was stamped and adhered to the card stock piece.  Finished by added the little hearts and adhered the entire piece to my card front.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you check out all the fantastic dies that Top Dog Dies has to offer!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white cardstock; Stampin Up! red; Dies:  Top Dog Dies; Stamps:  PTI; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; dots embossing folder

12 comments:

Hannelie said...

How clever to remove only selective parts of the cut! It creates a fabulous effect! Love this Rosemary!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh that is so smart how you removed select hearts to make a pattern, Rosi. I love the crisp, clean look of this.

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Rosie that red panel looks as if it's crochet!
Val x

Deepti said...

I love how u did that heart panel :) awesomeness :)

Anita in France said...

What a lovely lacy-looking heart panel, Rosemary ... fabulous! Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on your first DT post Rosemary and what a way to kick off your Monday duties!! This is PRETTY!!

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Rosemary!!! I had a very busy December and could not find the time to visit blogs and leave comments, but I have now enjoyed all your recent posts and I have really enjoyed what you have been creating!!!! Your cards are soooo beautiful and it is always such a pleasure to visit your blog!!!! Thank you so much for all your visits to and comments on my blog during 2014 and I would also like to wish you a very, very happy 2015!!!! I hope this year brings you all that make you happy!!!! Best wishes for 2015!!!

Congrats too, on the DT spot - they are surely lucky to have you as part of their team!!! I love the lacey heart panel you have done so cleverly - it looks beautiful!!!! The pink hearts are super cute and I love the sentiment!!! Stunning card!!!

Have a super day!!!!

Greta said...

I knew your projects would be wonderful for Top Dog dies & wowzer--you began with a bang! I totally adore this card!

Martha said...

Hi, Rosemary! What a SWEET card with a darling sentiment!

Nat said...

totally wonderful, I love that heart die strip. very cool. I would love to make a card just like this! :)

Nicki S said...

BEAUTIFUL, Rosemary! I absolutely LOVE what you've done with the heart border die and punching out rows of them! Genius! Wonderful layout too. Very inspiring ;)

Barb Ghig said...

I really love how you created your pattern for the border, Rosemary! From here, it looks a little bit like a knit sweater, and with the die cut hearts, it's just amazing! You've done a really fabulous job with your dies...LOVE this card!
I apologize for getting so far behind on your blog...I always enjoy visiting!