"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, November 23, 2014

the magic of Christmas...

Hello friends!!  Back with another Christmas card for my stash.  I have been having a most excellent day and thought I would make a card! (So very happy to be having a most excellent day... over the last two months they have been few and far between!) Will be posting this one to Viva La Verve (week #3) and Time Out (embossing with a twist of sparkle).


Yesterday I made a trip to Joann's to buy a new wreath for my front door (got it for less than 1/2 prices... score!!) and while I was there I picked up this pad of glitter paper from Die Cuts with a View.  Boy is that some sparkly paper!  I die cut the MFT snowflake doily using a piece of champagne colored glitter paper.  Then to tone down all that sparkle I used a more muted color palette for the rest of the card.  The sentiment is from the Verve set Peace on Earth and the little star (or flower) is from the Verve set Holiday Treats.  For the embossing component of the card I ran one of the die cut circles through my Big Shot in my swiss dot embossing folder.  Patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft and Vintage Cream; PP:  My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas; Stamps:  Verve; Ink:  SU! Cherry Cobble;  Swiss Dot embossing folder; Dies:  Spellbinders & My Favorite Things

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So beautifully layered Rosemary!! Your sparkly snowflake is fabulous and I love the champagne color. So happy you had a good day today, I hope you have many many more in your future!!

Betty said...

love the colors you used in your card (i think i have some of that paper in my stash!) and that champagne glitter paper is so lovely - as is the wonderful sentiment

Leslee said...

Fabulous!

Nancy said...

Your card is just stunning, Rosemary! Beautiful colors and patterns together, and gorgeous details! Life is always better when you find a deal:) Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Nat said...

wow Rosemary you amaze me! Super beautiful!!

Greta said...

Beautiful papers, beautiful verse, stunning card, Rosemary! So, so happy you're feeling better!

Shona Chambers said...

You have so many different things going on with this card and they all fit together beautifully. Whenever I try to do a card like this, it looks like a big mess!! Beautiful design and so happy you joined us at TIME OUT!!

joy said...

this is so beautiful, Rosemary! I love all the sparkle. Glad you had a better day.

Canonbury creations said...

So much beautiful texture and dimension Rosie, love the colour combo. So glad you are having a good day :)
Val x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is such a delightful card. Love all the texture and the fabulous prints.

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this is just absolutely stunning, Rosemary!!!! I love your selection of papers and all the lovely texture!!! Those little stars are so beautiful and how lovely you have done all the layering!!! I really like this card a LOT, Rosemary!!! Beautiful!!!

Have a super day!!!

Anita in France said...

Such a fabulous, shimmery, texture-y card, Rosemary ... lovely layering and a beautiful sentiment! So pleased you played along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Greta said...

Congrats on the shout-out at Verve, Rosemary! Would have been shocked if it wasn't picked--truly gorgeous work, my friend!

Lesley said...

Wow, Rosemary! I adore everything you make and this is no exception. Love the neutrals and the texture-it is truly elegant and beautiful!