"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 30, 2013

just a little something...

Hello friends!!  Still in the midst of getting some paper crafting projects together, but found the time to make a card using the current sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.  When I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use some new Stampin Up! stamps and washi tapes that I got this month. 


I think this is a very busy version of the CTS sketch, but I really like how it turned out.  It is just so bright and happy!! The color scheme is based on the washi tapes that I used.  The tag image is from the new SU! set Chalk Talk and was stamped using SU!'s Melon Mambo.  I then die cut the tag using the matching die.  A bit of bright yellow grosgrain ribbon and dark pink baker's twine were used to create the ribbon treatment at the top of the tag.  The washi tapes were layered on the white cardstock piece and the tag adhered.  Corduroy buttons in bright green and blue were added to finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  SU! Chalk Talk, Ink:  SU! Melon Mambo; Washi Tapes:  SU! Gingham Garden; Ribbon:  SU! Daffodil Delight grosgrain; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Buttons:  SU! cord buttons

9 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Gorgeous card.... Love the colours....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Kim S said...

The bright colors and fun patterns make it SO festive!! I love all of the patterned washi - you mention that it's busy but all those patterns are perfectly offset with the big pink tag! LOVE it!

Greta said...

Bright & pretty for sure--love this card, Rosemary! the keyhole with the Washi showing through is really neat!

Penny Ward said...

Oh, your card is just so fun to look at. LOVE the washi tape and the buttons are just adorable.

judkajudi said...

Wow! This is so bright and beautiful! Every detail just perfect. Awesome tag.

Canonbury creations said...

Great design, Rosie, love the colours and that beautiful tag:)
Val x

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Sorry I haven't been around lately, the bug bite me LOL!

Deepti said...

You are amazing with washi tape :) love the bright colors

donna mikasa said...

This is so pretty, Rosie! I especially love the washi tape background!