"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 29, 2013

you're someone...

Hello friends!!  Here with a little card that I made for two challenges:  ColourQ and CAS Colours and Sketches.   I really like the color combo presented by ColourQ this week so I was definitely determined to get something made before my very busy Easter weekend sets in!


When I saw the sketch put forth by CAS Colours and Sketches this week I thought I would use my Hero Arts Bold Pop Flowers set, but then changed my mind and used another HA set, Antique Flowers and Butterflies.  I stamped the large butterflies using Always Artichoke and Simply Chartreuse (a little gift from my sweet friend, Greta) inks and then die cut them with the matching die.  The middle butterfly was stamped using Pool Party and die cut with its matching die.  The smaller butterflies were stamped using Wisteria Wonder and since I lost their matching die I had to trim them out by hand!  The top of the card stock piece was partially embossed with the Cuttlebug Modern Wallpaper EF and then the butterflies attached.  The sentiment is from another Hero Art set called Very Special. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:   Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Stamps:  Hero Arts:  Inks:  Stampin Up!, PTI and Memento; Dies:  Hero Arts/Sizzix; EF:  Cuttlebug

22 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterflies!

Jacqueline said...

Love this so much - glad you decided to go with the butterflies - thanks for joining in this week at CAS - Jacqueline xx

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Rosie! The butterflies look so beautiful! Happy Easter to you and your family! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful butterflies against the lovely lattice background! Anita :)

Jenny said...

I love how you've toned the colours right down, such a pretty card Rosemary :0)
Jenny x

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful! I love how the pretty butterflies are fluttering along your card! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is another beauty.
I love the pretty colors.

Patrice said...

Beautiful card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-213.html

Greta said...

Love your choice of the butterflies (really need to get mine out!) & perfect implementation of the colors! Glad you were able to use that little ink pad. Happy Easter, Rosemary!

Beth said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous! So soft and pretty!

Beth xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning, I love the embossing too

Kylie said...

Love those butterflies - shch a pretty take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S! xx

Your card would be perfect for our challenge over at Addicted to CAS!

karen h said...

Beautiful! I love the embossing along the top - perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Linda said...

Such a pretty card. Two of my favorite things, butterflies and this color combination. Are you enjoying the beautiful Spring weather we are having her in Washington?

Karen M said...

Hi Rosemary, this is so cute with all those adorable coloured butterflies. Fresh and clean! Kx

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful butterflies Rosie! Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

Michelle said...

HA butterflies are my fav!!! Love how you layered them and added a touch of embossing! Beautiful, Rosemary!

Paula Knall said...

Love the butterflies! Thank you for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week! Paula xxx

Sylvia said...

Love your card, Rosemary, love the butterflies, great use of the colors! thanks for playing with us each week at the colourQ.

Yapha Mason said...

Lovely card, those butterflies are fabulous. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Louise van Vuren said...

Love your butterflies and the embossing acrss the top. This is a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Louise xx

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the sketch and I'm really loving that partial embossing!