"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, December 6, 2012

peace.....

Hello friends!!  I thought I was kinda done making Christmasy-type cards, but I'm back with one that I made using the colors from this week's ColourQ.  I'm also going to be popping this into the current PTI Make it Monday challenge (glitter detail technique).


For this card I got out one of the first PTI sets I ever bought, Snowflake Serenade.  The snowflakes in the set are so pretty and I just love the style of the two large words found in the set.  I made the card base using Stampin Up!'s Midnight Muse (which is very similar to PTI's Enchanted Evening) and then added a layer of SU!'s Tempting Turquoise.  The word "peace" was stamped using Pacific Point ink and then I stamped each of the snowflakes using Pool Party (the closest color I have to Cool Caribbean).  I then got out my Quickie Glue pen (love that little pen) and added some glue to each of the snowflakes and applied the glitter.  I tore the corner of the white card stock piece, as well as the turquoise piece and then curled them up a bit to add some additional interest to the card.

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Midnight Muse & Tempting Turquoise; Stamps:  PTI; Inks:  SU! Pool Party & Pacific Point; Quickie Glue Pen; Glitter:  UltraFine Art Glitter

19 comments:

Barb said...

It's beautiful, Rosie - such wonderful shades of blue and I love that curled corner!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
It is the perfect sentiment for your design and colour palette, everything about this card is gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous the design is gorgeous I love everything. Caroline xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the balance of the design with the stamping and torn/distressed corner!

joy said...

Very pretty card, Rosemary!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors and just the clean and simple look to the card! :0)

craftieodmae said...

such a gorgeous card, love the corner!!

Viv said...

Another pretty card Rosie, such a lovely colour too, love the snowflakes :) Viv xx

Linda said...

Really lovely card. It's nice to run across another Washingtonian. I live in Maple Valley, WA

Carol L said...

Your card is like a symphony in blue! Gorgeous!

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/12/52-card-pickup-week-49.html

Lisa Lara said...

hi Rosi. Love the pulled down corner.

Martha said...

I love this color combination! You've used them so beautifully on your lovely card, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Wow--these blues are beautiful! I can see why you bought this set, Rosemary--love it & how you used it here!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous, peaceful card - you have married the two challenges beautifully!

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! I love your shades of blue. ann

Sylvia said...

Beautiful CAS card, Rosemary, love the snowflake design! Thanks for sharing this week at the colourQ.

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary what a lovely CAS card for these colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Michelle said...

I love these pretty snowflakes and your delicate sprinkle of glitter!