"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 16, 2012

ODBDSLC112.... Summertime!!

Hello, friends!!  Its Saturday and that means time for a new ODBD Shining the Light challenge... YAY!!  Summer is here (well sort of in my part of the world!) and that is the theme of this week's challenge.   Get out those stamps that feature summertime themes.  


Inside
For my card today I decided to get out my ODBD Porch set because nothing says summer to me more than sitting on your porch with a nice glass of lemonade or iced tea enjoying the day.  When I look at the porch image from the set it makes me wish that my front porch looked like that... alas, it does not, sigh!  My color scheme comes from the mix of colors from the patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Fiddlesticks 6x6 pad.  The layout for the card is based on the current Mojo Monday sketch, with just a minor change.  I stamped the porch image using Wisteria Wonder a new ink from Stampin Up! and then trimmed it out.  The little award sticker is from the Fiddlesticks collection as is the little banner you can see peeking out on the side.  I didn't want to cover up the main image so I finished off the interior of the card with the verse from the set.  I just love that verse because going to the Lord and spending some time with Him just refreshes your soul like nothing else can.

As with all ODBD challenges we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, June 22nd at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced  next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries that are made without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on nor will they qualify for prizes. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, June 22nd at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC112. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.


Thanks for stopping by....  please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" LoriJan MarieJanDebiKathy, Chris and Sabrina! To join in the fun, please click here.

18 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
This is a lovely sketch, your Bg looks like decking so it is very appropriate that you used an image of a porch, it looks great.
Smiles:)
Sue

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That porch scene is definitely relaxing!! Love the papers you used!! Beautiful inside and out. Great job on the summer time challenge. Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Wow Rosigirl! This porch scene is one of my faves! Love your card!!!

Cards By Jan said...

Love your card Rosemary!! The porch scene is so relaxing & serene, I just love sitting out on mine in a calm beautiful evening, and cuddle up with a good book...Love the layout and your papers too!!
Hugs

Cards By Jan said...

Love your porch scene Rosemary!! So calm and relaxing to sit out in a calm evening and read a good book...Love that DSP also, and great layout!!
Hugs

Barb said...

Wonderful card, Rosie! That porch image is beautiful - love the way you left it uncolored!

Queen Mary said...

Completely, totally, my favorite ODBD set - funny I know, but I find the simplicity of the front porch so comforting! Beautiful card.

Sarah said...

A fab card Rosie!

Sarah

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosemary, girl, you have done it again...what a gorgeous card! The paper is so perfect and that scene...love it! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Saints Rule! said...

I just love this Rosi! That DP looks just like a deck! Brilliant!! And the soft tones on this make is eye catching! Beautifully done!

Greta said...

Gorgeous card inside & out! Wonderful pp you've used to perfection!

kathi17 said...

It's beautiful Rosemary, I have always loved porches. I love your choice of background paper, it reminds me of the side of a comfortable old house. It goes perfectly with that stamp.

Jan Marie said...

This is a blue ribbon card, for sure!! Love that porch scene and all of the fun papers you've incorporated. That award sticker is perfect! LOVE the inside and that reminder from the Lord that He is the One who brings times of refreshment. . and Amen!! It is He who truly refreshes our soul!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley fantastic!!!! Love the sketch!

Kathy said...

I've always loved that porch set...may need to get it! It's such a perfect summer image! I love the plaid papers you put with it too! Blessings! Kathy

Nona said...

Love your take on the sketch! I always have trouble with multi-layered sketches. I love how you can do both multilayers and CAS so perfectly.

Viv said...

Another beauty Rosie :) Viv xx

Michelle said...

aMAZING! You did a fabulous job with the sketch!