"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Just Three, Please....

Well, Saturday is winding to a close here in my corner of the world and what a gorgeous Saturday it has been!  And tomorrow is supposed to be even better!    Western Washington is beautiful place to live and especially so on glorious sunny days!   Anywhoo... on to my card.   This week at Less is More Chrissie and Mandi have challenged us to make a one layer card and we can only used THREE stamps.  Oh those divas sure know how to pick some challenges!!   Now... I'm sure some of you are thinking "well, that's not so hard".   Trust me it is!!  I spent the better part of the day fiddling around with about 5 different stamp sets before I finally came up with my card.  Seriously!    In the end I used the Eiffel Tower stamp from the SU! set Artistic Etching, the damask image from the SU! set Bliss and the "Hello" from a Hero Arts set Luscious Frames.  Once I finally hit on what I wanted to do I needed to figure out what inks to use.  That took me even more time.  In the end I settled on SU!'s Crumb Cake and Memento Rich Cocoa.  I added a few little pearls in a mocha color for a bit more interest and to make the card well... a little less drab.   Thinking about putting this into the Moxie Fab damask & brocade challenge... what do you think??  ETA:  Going to add this to the Moxie Fab damask & brocade challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Stampin Up! and Hero Arts; Ink:  Stampin Up! & Memento; Pearls:  KaiserCraft

38 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
A Beautiful card, very clean and classic....You put a smile on my face, when I read that you found this a Challenge!
I,of all people will be the first to acknowledge that these types of cards, which restrict your creativity in a way that is atypical to your normal way of thinking, are the most difficult to create, what perplexed me, is that you found this to be so;
The consummate of CAS!
Well, it is obvious that your talent is such that, when you are in a quandary, you can still produce a stunner.
Smiles:)
Sue

Christine said...

Beautiful card!

Diane said...

This card is well worth all your efforts -it's stunning. Well done

Chrissie said...

As beautiful as ever Rosemary...your composition is SO creative.
Wonderful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Totally gorgeous and so worth all of the effort.

Helen in the UK said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one struggling with this 'challenge'!!! My card didn't come out anything like as nice as yours either!!
This has worked perfectly - well worth the extra thinking time :)

Flutterby Creations said...

Beautiful!

Kate
Xx

Caggy said...

Lovely card and it's not drab at all! Caggy x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
You came up trumps though ...fABULOUS CARD....
Hugs sylvie xxxxx

Nona said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous, Rosemary! It's perfect! I've been trying to think of what to make for this challenge as well. Hope it turns out at least half as good as yours :) And yes, enter it in the damask and lace challenge! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Linby said...

I like how you used these stamps together, wondering what else to do with that stamp from Bliss myself, thanks for the inspiration.
Linbyx

Monika said...

Hi Rosemary

I hope I can explain my meanings => foreign languages are like CAS cards, especially LIM Challenges ;)

The pearls -top right- give the sentiment the right balance.

If there are no pearls - or something else- the sentiment "hello" would look falling down.

So your card has a creat balance - and I love the color too.


Monika

Catherine said...

A fab combination of stamps, so effective....

Ellen said...

Oh, very nice stamped card! Love the composition.
Ellen R XX

Loli said...

Hola Rosemary,after a very hard day thinkking about your card at the end is so beautiful and elegant card,good job Rosemary.
A hug from the sunny island too :D

Scrapmate said...

A stunning CAS card.

Georgie Horn said...

Terrific!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/05/were-not-in-kansas-anymore.html

Andrea said...

love it, so elegant

perfectly4med said...

Drab? I don't think so! Even without the pearls it would be a stunning card, with great stamp and colour choices - definitely worth the effort!

Neil

Viv said...

This looks fabulous Rosie! glad I was not the only one who struggled this time too, I had a few in the round file this week lol.Love the layout and the colour.... & stamping too...perfect as always :) Viv xx

Nancy said...

Happy Mother's Day Rosemary! Your card is so elegant! I would definitely enter it in the damask and lace challenge!

Rosmarie said...

I love, as you have staged the Eiffel Tower!
A real pleasure for the eyes!

Daen'Ys
....Many greetings from France

Mandi said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, great composition
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness! This is stunning! Believe me, if anyone knows CAS like this is hard, it's me!!! This is fabulous! Blessings! Kathy

Lin said...

Perfection!

Jan Castle said...

Really beautiful card!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan in Salem, OR

Elizabeth Allan said...

Again, your Less is More is packed with so much MORE!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous layering of stamps Rosemary!
The pearls are a perfect finishing touch...great colour match :0)
Jenny x

Robin K. said...

I am so surprised to hear that the "Queen of CAS" struggled!!! You always make CAS look so effortless! I REALLY love how your design turned out!

Deanna said...

Great colors and Composition!

Sue - said...

I love this card - so elegant!

Unknown said...

Rosemary I just love the simplicity of this card but the placing of those pearls was genius!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I absolutely love this Rosi. Wow.

kingstonmama said...

I love this, Rosemary! I haven't wrapped my mind around this challenge yet. :) ann

Lynne said...

Stunning as always Rosemary.
Lynne xxx

Jean said...

Fabulously stylish card. Ilove it. Jean x

Brenda said...

I love this elegant card Rosemary!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, this card is absolutely fabulous! Love it!