"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thanks for Everything...

Hey there!!!   Got a chance to make a card for the current Shabby Tea Room.  I used some bits and pieces from Stampin Up! for the card and a sentiment stamp from the Hero Arts cling set "Very Special".  The layout for the card is based on this week's Sketchbook Saturday sketch.  I think I'm becoming a bit addicted to Chupa's sketches!  Each Saturday I find myself checking her blog to see what the new sketch is and then spending the next few days finding another challenge to combine it with.   So... this week it is the Shabby Tea Room challenge to make your project "Sparkly & Bright".  Just look at that beautiful inspiration photo!



As I indicated above all the paper bits and pieces used on the card are from the Stampin Up! Beau Chateau line.  Some of the pieces were inked with my VersaMagic watermark ink pen, silver embossing powder applied and then heat set.  All the pieces were distressed with a distressing tool and then layered up as you see.  Initially I didn't have the added bling, just the pink pearls and the rose, but then decided to give the card a bit more sparkle.   As a rule, I don't see myself as very good at the "shabby chic" style (and I think my friend, Sue, will disagree with me on that), but I'm really starting to have more confidence with this style of crafting.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream; Paper Embellishments & PP:  Stampin Up:  Ink:  VersaMagic Watermark ink; Embossing Powder:  Ranger UltraFine Silver; Stamps:  Hero Arts:  Flower:  Flying Unicorn; Flourish:  Recollections; Pearls:  Zva Creative; Ribbon & Button:  PTI

13 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Oh wow Rosemary, what a wonderful take on both challenges! Love all the gorgeous layers and details! I agree with your friend Sue - you are very good at shabby chic!

Jenny said...

If you weren't good at Shabby Chic before then your certainly becoming comfortable with it quickly! I love all the clean fresh layers and your take on the photo is excellent. I cannot 'do' Shabby Chic but definitely appreciate it for the artwork it is :)
Jenny x

Michelle said...

Well, I disagree also, you are wonderful at 'shabby chic'!!! this card is beautiful,Rosemary! love the embellished crown!

Cindy Holshouser said...

Oh Rosemary I so love this. And you have used the perfect amount of pink to call it a 'splash'!Wonderfuly shabby card.

Scrumplescrunch said...

This is a wonderful and I mean WONDERFUL Shabby chic card Rosie, do not underestimate your ability to create in this genre, I am so pleased you are gaining confidence as well as I continue to say, you have great form and composition and that is what makes a great shabby chic design.
Smiles:)

craftieodmae said...

that is just gorgeous!!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary you are fabulous at combining multiple challenges! Fabulous shabby/chic!

Christine said...

Wonderful card Rosy! What a beautiful colours!
Christine

Joy said...

This is truly gorgeous Rosemary, I just love the shabby chic look and you have captured it perfectly on this beauty...hugs

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Pure shabby perfection!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Awww Rosie, this card is fantastic! Great muted colours!

Brenda said...

Oh I just love these soft colours together and those sweet postage stamps!

Viv said...

One word Roise 'Wow' :) Viv xx