"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Some Flourishes Christmas....

Hey there!!  Here with two cards for two Flourishes challenges.   Timeless Tuesday.... a fun sketch provided by the super talented Silke!!    And the Flourishes Christmas Spirit challenge.  Both cards are a bit on the "plainy janey" side.   The Christmas Spirit challenge this month is to use Santa in some form on your project.   For my super simple card I used the santa ornament from the Holiday Sparkle set.   I stamped the image on some Eclipse tape and then trimmed him out to create a mask.  I cut a piece of Rustic Cream cardstock to the size I wanted and stamped the image in Cherry Cobbler ink on it and then covered it with the mask.  I then stamped the pine bough over the mask using Old Olive ink.   I distressed the edges of the stamped piece and matted it with Old Olive cardstock that had the edges distressed as well.  Some Diamond Stickles were added along with a bow tied from twine. 




The second card is for the Timeless Tuesday challenge.  I stamped the rose image from the set Petals and Peace on white cardstock with Tuxedo Black ink and then colored it with Copics (sorry... forgot to write down what colors I used).  I then diecut the image using the matching Flourishes/Spellbinder die Classic Keyhole.  The patterned paper is from the BasicGrey Jovial 6x6 pad.  I combined it with some red burlap ribbon for a... well... interesting look!   I think I will add a sentiment before sending it out as the card looks a bit plain without one.



Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, Rustic Cream; SU! Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive; Stamps:  Flourishes; Ink:  Memento & Stampin Up!; Red Burlap Ribbon; Twine; Flourishes Classic Keyhole die; Diamond Stickles

11 comments:

Nona said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Rosemary! Love the sparkly CAS design on your first card. And the texture and coloring in your second. Both beautifully done. Hope you have a wonderful week! Much hugs to you!

Greta said...

2 wonderful cards, Rosemary! Great way to use the santa ornament & your coloring of the roses & use of burlap is stunning!

Saints Rule! said...

I LOVE interesting! So pretty Rosemary! AND you know how much I love these images!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are wonderful Rosemary! Love those beautifully colored flowers and the added fabric! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Both so BEAUTIFUL!!~

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOW! You always knock my socks off!!!! Gorgeous!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love your new wallpaper Rosemary and the double-wow cards today!

Christine said...

Beautiful cards! Your blog is also a beauty with all that roses!
Christine

Silke Ledlow said...

These are two beauties! Thank you for trying the Sketch this week...hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

Both cards look wonderful. I especially like how you added the ribbon bow to the ornament. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge.

Elise said...

PURE color magic, right here! BOTH of these cards are GLORIOUS! {LOVE that burlap! - Yummm, texture!} Love every detail and sparkle, lovely girl! Well done!