"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, May 30, 2011

you're so sweet....

Hello everyone!   Happy Memorial Day to everyone here in the USA.  Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day with those you love and taking time to remember what Memorial Day is all about!

I  have a card today for three different challenges:  CR84FN, the Paper Players & Waltzingmouse.   And can I just say that these three challenges are probably my most favorite challenges?  I love the color combos that Mona comes up with week after week, the sketches at Waltzingmouse never fail to inspire and well... the Paper Players challenges are just darn fun!  So combining the three was a no-brain especially since this week at the Paper Players the challenge is anything goes!!   So.... here comes my card!


When I saw Edna's super sketch at WMS my thoughts immediately drifted to the WMS set Victorian Frippery and that lovely border stamp.   And so once again I decided to stamp it and then trim out the scalloped portion to make my scalloped border.  As I was doing this I had the brilliant thought that Claire needs to talk to Spellbinders or someone about creating a border die to match... wouldn't that be lovely??  Anyway... after much stamping, trimming and diecutting my card was finished.  But to be honest while I think it is a nice card, it is rather plain... sigh!   I almost took it apart this morning and remade it, but decided to just go with it anyway. 

One final thing... I got some exciting news yesterday.   I'm the featured stamper this week over at Splitcoaststampers!!  I can't tell you how fun it has been to go through the featured stamper gallery and take a look how others have intrepreted my cards!! 

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft & Vintage Cream; Ink:  PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Marina Mist & So Saffron; Stamps:  WMS:  Victorian Frippery, Very Vintage Labels 4 & Large Doily; Ribbon:  SU! So Saffron; pin:  Making Memories.

29 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Rosemary!
Congrats on being the Featured Stamper! That is awesome! Your card is not plain at all, it is simply elegant and I love those colours. I am so happy you enjoy our challenges, I enjoy visiting your blog! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

Christine said...

It's a beauty! You did it again!
Hug
Christine

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely layering with those pretty dies! You've followed that sketch to a T! Love it!

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOW! Fantastic card, love the layout!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Rosie what are you talking about! "rather plain" you are an expert on plain and I would not call this card plain! it is absolutely gorgeous, the turquoise is just the perfect colour against the Kraft you love to work with, and the lemon colour just is just enough.
Perhaps a visit to the opticians may help!!!!! please do not pull it apart.
Smiles:)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Oh I forgot, got a little carried away....Congratulations on becoming the featured stamper on SCS.
Smiles:)

Greta H said...

Oh such a beauty, Rosemary! I love the color combo & the way you used the die cuts & everything!!

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful use of those colors, and the layered label with the doily is gorgeous! Fab job with the sketch as always, Rosemary! Congrats on being the Featured Stamper at SCS this week, too! I saw all of your cards in your gallery and thought, "Hmmm these seem familiar" hee!

Andrea M said...

Rosemary, this is GORGEOUS! You always make the most beautiful, elegant CAS cards - not an easy feat! LOVE this girl! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Nance Leedy said...

Your hand-cut victorian border is gorgeous! Lovely card and congratulations on the featured stamper spotlight--well deserved! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players--we always glad when you do! :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Rosemary! Lov the layered WM doilies and label and the lacy trim looks fabulous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations on being the Featured Stamper at SCS!

I really like your card - your interpretation of the WMS sketch and use of our colours - and anything goes. It's just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Michelle said...

I love,love,love this card,Rosemary! The scalloped edge and layers are beautiful!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous...so simple and elegant...just stunning!!!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful layering with different colours on the kraft, Rosemary! Love all your designs!

Sue Lelli said...

Rosemary, LOVE that border and stamp! FAB! LOVE the medallion you created and that perfect bow! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Liz McGuire, said...

Love these soft colours, gorgeous card,

Liz x

Angelica Turner said...

Beautifully done Rosemary, love the layering images you used.

Rita W said...

Beautiful and elegant. I don't find it plain AT ALL! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

NOT plain---well, plain gorgeous! I want ALL the WM stamps---I confess! I think they are just wonderful, and these images are so elegant, especially with the colors you've chosen! Thanks so much for playing with the paper players this week!

Brenda said...

Wow! You certainly are on the up and up Rosemary! Not that you weren't already up there in my books! Love your card, those colours are so beautiful and I love how you used the border stamp!

Julia Aston said...

Your fripperie border and pretty layered doilies are lovely on this Rosemary! how fun to see you as the FS on Sunday! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgeous, I love how you layered the doilies with the label, looks fabby...., thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

jaydee said...

Rosemary,
Featured stamper! Wowzer! Way to go! Congratulations.

Now... on to this card. I love the way you interpreted the layout and combining the color challenge along with it really led to a gorgeous card.
so glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week.
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on being the featured stamper! Your card is awesome! I love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Clare said...

Beautiful layering, love the Victorian Frippery border cut out! Thanks for joining us this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

Elise said...

The blog-a-verse is smiling at you, sweet friend! Congrats on your fabby FEATURED STAMPER honor at SCS! I'm glad so many are applauding what I've known for YEARS now! You rock!

Anne Marie Hile said...

"Hey there", Rosemary! (Every time I stop by to visit, that's how I always want to start my comment...lol!) First up, congrats on being the featured stamper on SCS. That's awesome! You know what else is pretty awesome? Your fun card! Love the great colors and those two little pins are a great touch. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! :)

Danielle Daws said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Love it!