"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just a Note...

I don't know about you, but I have way too many stamp sets that I have bought, but have never used.  One of those sets was PTI's "Just the Ticket".  I can now say that after owning the set for longer than I care to remember it has finally seen ink!  And it is all thanks to the lovely sketch provided by the super talented Jaydee from the Paper Players.  When I saw her sketch this past weekend I kicked around a few ideas and then settled on using "Just the Ticket" and the matching die (which I had never used either!!).   I diecut three sets of "tickets" using SU!'s Crumb Cake and PTI's Vintage Cream & Plum Pudding.  The images were stamped on the Vintage Cream strip using Plum Pudding ink.  The Crumb Cake & Plum Pudding strips were used as mats.  I inked up all strips with some Old Paper Distress ink, as well as the edges of the Vintage Cream card base.  Finished things with a some purple and brown bakers twine.   The color combo comes from this week's color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. 



Thanks for taking a peek... 

12 comments:

Elise said...

THIS card, was absolutely worth the exploration into your vast collected gems! Super that you brought these out for show, because SHOWY they are! I love EVERYTHING about this card, Rosie! YOU are in tune with your materials: that's the ticket! Hee Heee

Scrumplescrunch said...

You are certainly one for negative space in your Cards Rosie, but you do it so very very well.
I, like many would not be able to live with it, and would need to add something, you are the queen of simplicity and elegance.
Is that sounding too over the top!!!
Whatever, it is a beautiful creation.
Smiles:)

Brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rosemary! I love how you used your unused stamp set and created this beauty!

Lesley said...

This is the perfect CAS creation! That die and stamp set is really neat, so happy you got inspired to use it! Love how you used it as the strip across your card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

craftieodmae said...

well, I usally try to ink em up just to see how they stamp, LOL, may never make a card with em, but they had ink on em LOL. Your card is awesome!!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I have a "couple" of those stamp sets in my collection that are still waiting to see some ink. Haha! This stamp set was "just the ticket" for this sketch...sorry I HAD to use the pun! I really like how you tied the colors together, too. The baker's twine is a perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing along again this week at The Paper Players! Have a great day! :)

jaydee said...

Rosemary, I am SO glad that you were inspired to ink up this set and show it a little love. It's a gorgeous set. I love the colors you choose and the twine is the perfect embellishment. It works fabulously with the sketch and is really on trend. A perfect CAS card.
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week and shared this wonderful card
hugs
jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

I love how you've used the tickets almost as patterned paper here! And the touch of twine is just perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

This card caught my eye right from the gallery! Such a fun set of images, perfect for the sketch! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

This is how clean and simple should be done! Perfect! I love the ticket images! The Baker's Twine is the perfect touch. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun stamp set! It's perfect for this CAS card. And I love the colors you've chosen.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Another winner you certainly know how to lay out a card beautiful composition

Marie