"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 5, 2011

ColourQ + JUGs

A card today for the current ColourQ challange that also uses the new JUGs sketch challenge.  My take on the sketch has been stripped down and dropped in the opposite corner.   I really like the sketch so I'm thinkin' I will be back with another version at some point this weekend.



The ColourQ colors this week are blushing bride, early espresso, cameo coral, vanilla and poppy parade.  When I saw the color combo I immediately thought of my new SU! set Valentine Defined.  I have already used that stamp set for my little "Charlie Brown" card, but there are so many cute elements in the set that I just had to use it again for this card.    So... I created the little collage you see.   I really like how it turned out, althougth I am a little bummed you can't really see the pink stamped portion of the card.

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  PTI Vintage Cream & Pure Poppy; Stamps:  SU! Valentine Defined; Ink:  SU! Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso & Cameo Coral; Buttons:  PTI  

10 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Rosemary, this is such a cute and pretty card! Great take on the challenges!

Elise said...

Here's me: "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Nailed it, Rosebud! All the way across the board! Excellent use of this dynamic {and I couldn't agree more!} sketch and your WONDERFUL use of materials and excellent stamping style! ROCK AND ROLL, baby! Yipeee!

Barb said...

Rosie, I clicked on the card and looked at it in a larger form and can see the pink portion. Beautifully done and I love your heart tree!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Good luck with the challenges, you're a winner every time in my book!

Andrea M said...

Hey Rosie!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Love how you flipped the sketch and your take on the CQ colors!!! Love your style!!! Thanks for playing along with JUGS!!!

Sylvia said...

Very nice, Rosemary! thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ again this week.

Kathryn B said...

This is simply gorgeous Rosemary! Love how you flipped the sketch and made such a CAS card!

Thanks so much for getting sketchy with JUGS this week!

AKiteFlier said...

Hey this is WONDERFUL - love the flipped sketch with a CAS look. Well done. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week - we appreciate your Having fun with our sketch!

LeAnne said...

So dang cute! And I love the font that you used for your post titles---howja do that??? Oh, and thanks for using the CQC colors this week, too! :D

Dana Gustafson said...

This is fabulous! I envy your ability to get a whole lotta "layers" without cluttering things up. Your style is timeless and I adore this card! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!