"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

merry & bright...

2nd post for the day!!  This time a card for the current JUGs challenge based on the lovely sketch provided by Alicia.  I bought a DCWV Christmas Combo mat stack yesterday and combined it with three different Hero Arts sets.  I love the mat stacks because the patterns are scaled smaller for cards and it is alot easier to use up a 4.5"x6.5" piece of paper than it is to use up a 12x12 sheet!!



One of my favorite Hero Arts set is A Kiss from the Sun.  I stamped the dress, pants and shirt on some of the red patterned paper, trimmed them out and then applied some Solar White Flower Soft to each.  The snowman was stamped on additional patterned paper and trimmed out, as well.  I wasn't sure I really liked the card when I was done, but the more I look at it the more I like it...

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Fine Linen; Patterned Paper:  DCWV The Christmas Combo; Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa & PTI True Black; Rhinestones:  KaiserCraft; Stamps:  Hero Arts:  A Kiss from the Sun; Joy to All & Let It Snow

8 comments:

Barb said...

Isn't this just the cutest card!!? Love what you've done with this adorable stamp set! And adding the snowman was a fab idea! Love it, Rosie!

Velta said...

How adorable...even your last 3 posts had me smiling girl! Thanks for sharing...sry I haven't been around...work and Thanksgiving Holidays took a toll on me...Take care and I hope your Holidays are going well :)

Elise said...

IIIIIIIIIII, love it! Rosie! You ROCKED this sketch, darlin'! Gosh! The colors, THE texture, the FUN, fun, fun paper shapes and terrific workmanship - YEAHOOOOOOOOO!

Kathryn B said...

What a fun take on this weeks sketch Rosie! I just love the detail you put into the clothing...frilly edge on dress along with the fluff trim and not to be left out that adorable snowman!

Thanks so much for joining Just Us Girls this week!

Andrea M said...

Rosemary! You just made my night merry and bright!!! Love your take on the sketch! Such a sweet, fun card - the clothes are so creative! Great job as always girl!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

Andrea M said...

This card is completely merry and bright!!! Way to rock the sketch Rosemary! I'm so lovin' those clothes in place of the banners and the bling is fabulous!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

Alicia Weiman said...

I love this.....so very creative! Thanks for playing along!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my goodness! THis is adorabel! I love the little laundry line of snow clothes and the fine detaisl wih the glitter trims and eyelet edging. Thank you for joining Just Us Girls this week! So glad you played!