"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, May 28, 2010

Father's Day Easel Card + CTD94

I have been wanting to make an easel card for along time now and finally decided to give it a try.  I used the color combo from the current Color Throwdown.  The colors seemed pretty masculine to me so I made a father's day card that I will be giving to my father-in-law.  I used multiple Hero Arts stamps and an alphabet set from Close to My Heart on the card.    I used PTI's Rustic Cream as a neutral for the card base and for stamping on.

All in all I think the card turned out nice and hopefully my father-in-law will like it.  Thanks for taking a peek!  Have a blessed day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:   PTI - Rustic Cream; SU! - So Saffron; Close to Cocoa; Ink:  SU! Soft Sky, Old Olive; Ranger Spiced Marmalade Distress ink; Close to My Heart brads; May Arts twine;  Stamps:  Hero Arts - Silhouette Grass; One of A Kind set & Antique Engravings; Close to My Heart Typewriter Keys; SU! border punch

4 comments:

Elise said...

Lucky, lucky FIL!!! This is super-duper, Rosebud! What a fantastic way to give a card/keepsake/love all in one place! Exquisite stamping, sweet sista! I'm completely enthralled by your use of the CTD colors! Yee HAW!

Michele Gross said...

Cool take on the colors and a fun way to lay them out! Love the easel card, gonna have to try making one soon ;) Very handsome father's day card!

LeAnne said...

Very nice!!! I think he will appreciate it a lot! Thanks for incorporating the CTD colors this week into your project!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design! That Hero Arts stamp is a favorite of mine. Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!